Turbo Blanket protection, now for your manifold. This custom fit Titanium SR20 exhaust blanket will work to reduced heat soak within your engine bay from your 2nd hottest component. After seeing the producing amazing protection from our Mk3. turbo blanket, we thought – why stop the heat protection there? This allowed us to create a heat barrier on your exhaust manifold, without exhaust wrap problems. Some call these Exhaust Bags.
Designed specifically for the Walton Motorsport SR20 Exhaust manifold, This blanket would likely work with other Nissan SR20 Manifolds found on the market – due to the space requirements of this engine.
With the Nissan SR20 engine being a common choice within the Tuner and automotive aftermarket, the market was crying out for a thermal protection device to reduce the engine bays temperature. A lower engine bay temperature can result in:
- Lower Air Intake Temperatures (AIT), and therefore a more consistant power delivery over time.
- Improved reliability within the electronic systems, and various sensors.
- Hotter exhaust gas temperature, resulting in a faster spool up time, and reduced back pressure within your combustion cycle
This easy to fit exhaust blanket, simply slides over your manifold, allowing space for your turbo flange and external wastegate, then simply securing in place using the supplied securing springs.
The unique 4 layer construction, will provide superior protection to traditional exhaust heat wraps. Reports have shown external temperatures to be as low as 50°C.
- Specifically developed thread construction to allow for exceptional durability when removal is absolutely necessary. Our new fireproof ultra-high temperature Stainless Steel thread is around 1mm in diameter and can now remain highly durable with temperatures in excess of 1300°C.
- New, thicker internal heat lagging insulation to provide up to 3x improved heat reduction. This insulation wool is created from a ceramic silica complex matting to improve durability over prolonged heat cycles, as well as insulation quantities.
- 4-layer construction for improved reliability
- Uprated external Titanium twill for an improved aesthetic and more durable finish.
- ROHS tested and approved to ensure compliance and desired parameters are reached within our material selection.
Want to see how well these materials perform? Check out this R34 equipped with the Mk3. Turbo Jacket on the rolling road.